Friday, August 3, 2007

Mother knows best

Reading other blogs about de-princessing, and hiding things from parents made me feel incredibly lucky to have a mum who knows about what I do and is pleased for me.

She doesn't know ALL of what I do, because I don't want her worrying, but she's seen some of my pictures, and heard edited highlights of Transpocalypse and the like.

She was the first person I came out to, although other people may have had an inkling. She's been very supportive, very flattering about my photos, and very quick to raid my closet when she's got a fancy dress party to go to!

My brother is cool with it too, but doesn't really think about it much.

But my father doesn't know. I don't really see him much, or get on with him very well, so I'm happier presenting a façade of normality, as his girlfriend seems determined to cut me and my brother out of his life (and his will...)

No comments:

Post a Comment