Sunday, May 29, 2011

LA Noire mini review



First off let me just write that I did start off liking this game. I thought the facial animation and new spin on the Rockstar's line of games was great. It just gets repetitive and well.. you can tell from the below images why I started hating it.


The stupid clues: This was one actual scene I came across. The choice of looking at a fork or a spoon in a kitchen as clues. I didn't bother.. I'm sure you wouldn't either. I see you've played knifey spoony before.


Driving everywhere: I know you can make your partner drive but when did the 40s get teleporting or GPS anyway? I also figure any street crime that was happening atleast a 30 minute drive away was going to be over by the time I got there.


Every person running from you: FOR FUDGE SAKE! I wanted to shoot anyone who ran. I'd make a good cop. Especially the derpy guys who you knew had nothing to do with it. There isn't even an option to shoot them in the leg. I tried.


The obvious killer: OK so the Lipstick killer wasn't exactly obvious but you do start to realize a pattern and want to track the killer down on your own. Stupid clues.


The amount of clotheslines Phelps takes: You'd think with his Army training he would learn from his BLOODY MISTAKES! Rage. Or do some cool slide and then take the guy down.

There were other things that were starting to piss me off about the game and making me want to play less. Things like pathetic interviews where you can't prove the person is lying but you know they are by obvious eye twitches or smirks. Also how many characters are in the game but none you really get attached to.

I do still need to finish the game. I plan to tonight. I've only got a few more Arson missions left. Trust me. Solving arson cases isn't as fun as it sounds. Needs more fire. Less pissed off policemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment