Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Microsoft buys Skype for $8.5 Billion [Microsoft]

The Mayans predicted the end of the world to be 21st December 2012, they were wrong. I believe it is today. Many people believe that something bad has happened. Except for Steve Jobs, because Facetime now has a use. Many people are afraid that Microsoft will 'spoil' Skype, after its failure with Windows Vista.

It is in the 'non-innovative hands' popped up all over my Facebook page. The environment was gloomy, and everyone was sad.

But I think Microsoft learnt a lesson. Oh, sorry, I mean a ton of lessons due to Windows Vista. Test your products, dont push them so early, actually work on your products, and the list goes on.

I must admit, I am a hardcore Microsoft hater, so this might be biased, but listen out to my view. I think the days of Microsoft are done. There are companies like Mojang, Google, Apple, and many others which dare to do something new. Microsoft, in my opinion has turned into a sluggish snail. They came up with the Microsoft surface, a big table which does more or less the same things as small little tablet computers, like the iPad, Motorola Xoom, Blackberry Playbook and others do.

People have made Facebook pages and feel really strongly on it. 

But, We can also look at the other side. Microsoft is big. Really big. And really rich. If they invest money in a really good innovative team with bright ideas, and establish an environment of complete innovation and evolution in the way we video chat, there is a huge possibility of a breakthrough. However,  many people don't think so. I really don't know what to say, that's why I'm typing this !


Let's see how this plays.
Please comment with your views and suggestions !

No comments:

Post a Comment