Sunday, October 16, 2011

Deodorant or Perfume?

This is going to be my attempt to blog properly.

My first deodorant love was Impulse's vanilla kisses. The original one back in 1996 which I'm sure was tested on animals (so was the rumor) and smelt like freshly baked sweet cupcakes. I loved that smell and loved people commenting that I smelt nice. I don't think it's available anymore and I refused to buy the Australis (vanilla dream?) version that smells like a toxic baking accident rather than anything sweet. I mean, who wants to sweat and have people comment that I smell like I've been soaking in alcoholic cake? Actually that sounds like a good idea.

The problem with deodorant as you get older is that it isn't enough. It stops you sweating for a few hours but it no longer seems to make you smell nice. Now there are school boys with Lynx that smells like an old homeless man burped into an old sock and girls perfume that honestly does make them smell like "baby prostitutes" (aka Mean Girls).


 Also the whole 'extremely flammable' warning in captials is a bit scary..

I now have ventured into the world of perfume. My favourite being Vanilla from The Body shop. After a few hours it's a cross between those coconut Bounty bars and the old school Milk bottle lollies. It's delicious. It doesn't last long though. I also have milk and honey bodywash and apple pie smelling shampoo. Are you seeing a theme here?

Share your deodorant horror stories with me. Surely I wasn't the only girl who made flame throwers from the last of my deodorant as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment