Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Geek alert


I've just realised, OK not just
realised but have known for awhile but decided to accept, that I'm a Geek Girl. Girl Geek if I'm not allowed to use the term Geek Girl (even though it's just two words put together to describe someone of the female gender who is into geek like things!)

Signs that I know makes me a Female nerd/geek:

Comics and manga: the art, the storylines, Superheroes.. etc. Have been since I was younger and my brother and I would buy comics at the market on Sundays. I own Supernatural comics and the Japanese Star Wars mangas.

Sci-fi TV and movies but also any TV show/movies worth obsessing over: Sci fi love comes from the Star Trek my Dad use to watch constantly and also my love of Star Wars. Cliche geek maybe.. but it's a childhood movie love thing that I can't get rid of.

Collectibles and figurines: Currently just Star Wars and Mickey Mouse collectibles but slowly getting into autographed posters and figurines. Lost lots of my anime collectibles after moving states a few times.

Blogging and internet addiction: I've been blogging since I was 18 and have been coding/making layouts for websites since I was 14. HTML is my only 2nd language. I can speak a little Japanese though. Also an avatar and animation maker back in the day. Coined the phrase: "Muffins are just ugly cupcakes". No joke.

Gaming skill: Old school Nintendo fangirl and likes games from Mario Kart to Final Fantasy yet I also play 1st person shooters (COD: WAW) and other various games. Use to go under the username of Zerg Goddess on Starcraft Battlenet. I don't have one genre I prefer.. which messes with my brain.

Nerdling: Took double Math back in year 10, completed all the computer assignments early in the year, took up 3 extra classes and set up experiments to work out how to reduce water pollution for fun.. Major nerd.


No comments:

Post a Comment