Saturday, September 11, 2010

Things I have learnt from Fail Cake:

1. Silicone moulds are not better than metal ones. Sorry but they're not. I've never had a problem with small moulds for cupcakes but this one takes the cake. Literally. It took my cake to Fail town. Booked a motel room and made sweet sweet fail love to it.

2. Check my oven temp. It's obviously faulty. I think the cake was in there for an hour. So wrong.

3. Don't double a recipe ever again. My Math skills are failing. Either that or I can't bake anymore (nooooo!)

4. Cooked on the outside and gooey on the inside doesn't mean it's going to taste fantastic.. or be some cool rainbow lava cake invention I've come up with.

5. Don't attempt to mix cream with icing sugar simply because you can't be f**ked actually making decent frosting. Plus it's fattening. How dare you do that to your thighs.

6. Don't apply said frosting/icing on warm cake. Meltingggg melttting!

7. Sprinkles DO NOT make everything better. They make them more sprinkle-y. Pretty but a pretty disaster

8. Don't take a photo of the Fail Cake, post a blog about it and expect people to respect your baking skills anymore. Sniffle.

Seriously it does taste OK and the layer of cream and sprinkles are disgusing the sheer failness of this cake.. but the kids don't mind. They think it's funny. That's what I was aiming for. A clown cake that's been in a car crash.. *sigh*


Added note: This cake tasted great. Looked like a cake version of playdoh though. Very brightly coloured. Kids loved it obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment